British Equestrian Federation: Chief Executive Officer
Friday 01 December 2017
The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) is the National Governing Body for horse sports in the UK. It exists to provide leadership, vision and purpose in steering the direction of equestrianism. The BEF represents 2.7 million riders in Great Britain through nineteen independent member bodies.
The BEF is responsible for managing Government funding to the equestrian sports. Funding from UK Sport and Sport England supports the BEF’s work, from developing the best riders, with the aim of winning medals for Great Britain, to encouraging participation growth. Funding support is also provided by Sport Scotland for Horsescotland, a member of the BEF.
This is an exciting time to join the organisation as Chief Executive Officer to lead the team, develop the organisation and work with key stakeholders to achieve the strategic aims.
- Contribute to the development of the BEF strategy with the Board and lead the executive in the implementation and delivery of the operational plan
- Build a culture of continuous improvement through learning and development; support and evaluation in an open and transparent environment
- Work collaboratively with member bodies to deliver shared objectives both nationally and internationally; enhancing the Federation’s influence and promoting equestrian sport
- Ensure continued compliance with the Code for Sports Governance and the requirements of the BEF’s funding partners
- Work in collaboration with the Board and member bodies to diversify sources of income for the BEF and deliver sustainable funding for the future
Candidates for the position should have demonstrable experience of formulating and implementing successful strategy, preferably including the management of change. The ability to foster a world-class, results-driven organisation through establishing a culture of collaboration and teamwork is essential. You will require outstanding communication and influencing skills, whilst being able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Experience of working with public funding agencies is desirable, as is a strong understanding of governance structures.
In line with the British Equestrian Federation’s Equality and Diversity Policy, we are keen to achieve a diverse range of candidates and would welcome applications from all communities, in particular people from ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.
To apply please send your CV with brief cover note to retained consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5 January 2018.
|Recent More News|
|BEF Council Members backs ‘Good Employment’ initiative
|Riders Selected for ‘2019 Step up to Gold’ Programme
|Tim Stockdale (12th August 1964 – 14th November 2018 )
|Members Council Nominations 2019
|Unstoppable Ben Maher Takes Finals Win And LGCT and GCL Championship Crowns
|view news archive »|