SCOTTISH HOME PONY TEAMS 2019 – INFORMATION
Friday 10 May 2019
Thank you to all the parents and children who attended the meeting at Blue Ridge on Saturday 4th May 2019.
Points raised and answers below:
TEAM EVENING – INTRODUCTION TO TEAMS:
- Friday 14th June – Blue Ridge EC 6pm start. As requested, an evening sponsored by the Scottish Committee to allow all interested riders wishing to be considered for the Scottish 128, 138, 148 and Debut Teams for 2019. The evening will involve courses built to the height of the Team classes to have a jump round. Course walks with course designer Shaun Sands and Scottish Chef D’Equipe Andrew Wilson, and discussions on what to expect. More information to follow with booking in details.
SCOTTISH CHEF D’EQUIPE – VIEWING DAYS:
- Andrew Wilson will attend the following shows to view riders and meet parents and riders wishing to be considered for the Teams in 2019:
- Saturday 1st June – Newmilns Show
- Sunday 16th June – Blue Ridge
- Sunday 23rd June – Royal Highland Show
TEAM GILETS – SPONSORED BY ROSS ARCHIBALD/EMBROIDERY SPONSORED BY TAM RENNIE:
It was agreed to purchase a selection of gilets for the Team Riders only, so they can wear the same clothing and look very smart while they parade for Scotland at the Shows. Ross Archibald kindly agreed to sponsor the gilets and Tam Rennie kindly agreed to sponsor by doing the embroidery. Thank you to both for their extremely generous offers.
DEBUT TEAMS – Does jumping the RHS Q put riders out of being on the Team with gaining Gold League Points?
- No this was last year’s criteria, the criteria is as per the selection policy:
Debut Teams Eligibility for all Nations:
- English and Irish Teams: Rider to never have competed on a Home Pony Team 148cm Team (excluding Cavan) Scottish and
Welsh Teams: Combination never to have competed on a HP 148cm Team
- Rider to have never competed on an International Great Britain or Irish Pony Team (CSIOP).
- Combination to have never been placed (received prize money) in a Pony Showjumper of the Year First Round or Winter JA
Classic first round.
- Combination to have never competed in the 148cm pony classes at Dublin Horse Show (excluding the 6 and 7 year 148cm
English, Scottish and Welsh Debut teams will all be selected at each show from the specific selection classes as identified in each
10 & UNDER TEAMS – Will jumping the 128 RHS Q make riders ineligible for the 10 & Under Teams?
FEES FOR CHEF D’EQUIPE – Why do riders have to cover the Chef D’Equipe Fee?
- British Showjumping cover the majority of costs for the Chef D’Equipes, they fund over 50% of the Chef costs as they do the job on a voluntarily basis. There is no entry fee for the team competition, so riders just pay the £25 instead.
IRISH HOME PONY – Why do we not send a Scottish Chef D’Equipe to Ireland?
- Chef D’Equipes Mia Palles Clark and Hannah Jackson go to Cavan, if we have more entries than any other year then we would consider funding another chef to go. If we send 3 Chef D’Equipes we will have to increase the payment the riders make, and they already pay £50. If there are enough riders to make up a Scottish, Welsh and English teams then yes, they will be official teams but if there aren’t enough as per every other year, they will be mixed teams.
NAF 5 STAR – (USED TO BE PONY PROFICIENCY)
- Please remember all riders wishing to compete at the Irish Home Pony at Cavan, must have completed their NAF 5 star Level 2. If you have not completed this there are two ways to apply, contact Laura Rolph at Head Office on: Laura.Rolph@britishshowjumping.co.uk and Laura can register you, or through an Academy in Scotland. For more information on the NAF 5 star please follow this link: http://www.britishshowjumping.co.uk/training/5-Star-Award-Training.
The selection criteria for 2019 will remain as advertised on the website, Andrew Wilson will review this and if any changes in the future, these will be advertised.
For the full selection policy criteria please follow the link below:
|Recent Scotland News|
|SOUTHVIEW COMPETITION & TRAINING CENTRE TO HOST RELOCATED PONY PREMIER SHOW
|FEI - WARNING ABOUT SYNEPHRINE
|Emma Woods from Stirlingshire is May’s NAF Shining Star
|Scottish Shows running this weekend 17th - 19th May 2019
|Scottish Pony Parent League 2019 - updated points table