Step up to Gold
Step up to Gold 2017/2018 Programme
Sport England funded programme
Aimed at progressing and establishing riders at 1.40m Gold League Level.
The programme will consist of:
- National and regional training days with Matt Lanni and a regional coach.
- Strength and Condition coaches working individually with riders to develop a training programme
- Sport Science support including horse physio, saddle experts, veterinary talks, anti-doping talks and travelling abroad workshops.
- Coach and organisational support at a national show abroad and an international show in the UK
- Funding will cover training fees, sport science support, strength and condition coaches and some other associated costs such as entry fees and stabling.
Two riders will be selected from each region to have ongoing training throughout the programme. The riders home coaches are incorporated with the national training to allow consistency at training and shows. The riders are selected for a 1 year period.
Not to be established at 1.40m+
A current British Showjumping member
Not to be currently involved in any other government funded programme e.g. Excel
Not to have jumped on any Young Rider or Senior British Teams
Reside in England
Must fully commit to the programme and endeavour to be present at all training and show dates
Justine Naylor- Programme Manager
Anna Garside – Programme Lead
Matt Lanni - Head Coach
Ashlea Silk Jones
How to apply
Attend one of the four regional training and selection days through October. Complete an application form once applications open, if you are eligible your place at one of the sessions will be confirmed. From here 2 riders from each region (if applicable) will be selected.
Applications will open for 2018 in August. For more information please contact Anna Garside on 02476698810 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Training and Viewing Days:
- Tuesday 9th October: Onley Equestrian
- Friday 12th October: Keysoe Equestrian Centre
- Monday 15th October: Aintree Racecourse
- Thursday 18th October: Crofton Manor Equestrian Centre