British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Britain, is currently seeking to appoint a Development Officer (Northern region). The successful applicant will be a highly driven and self-motivated individual who is able to deliver against key objectives. They will join an existing team of Regional Development Officers to assist in the growth and development of the sport.
To promote membership of the organisation within your regions, and working closely with key organisers and volunteers to meet certain business objectives.
- Recruiting and retaining National, Club and Just for School’s British Showjumping Members.
- Liaising with Show Organisers in respect to calendar of show dates.
- Working closely with the Shows Department in the allocation of qualifiers.
- Overseeing the assessment and monitoring of affiliated venues across the Northern region, and ensuring standards are maintained.
- Actively identifying new venues, officials, volunteers and coaches as required.
- Facilitating and organising training for Showjumping.
- Promoting and managing of Academies in accordance with the national framework.
- Assisting in the organisation and running of officials, coaches and volunteer training.
- Ensuring CPD and assessments within the region are completed.
- Working closely with Area Representatives and committees to ensure effective running of the sport across the region.
- Monitoring Health and Safety aspects of shows, and ensuring that the welfare of the horse is paramount.
- Supporting the safeguarding of young and vulnerable persons within the sport.
- Working closely with other equestrian organisations and key partners (such as the BEF regional staff, member body staff/volunteers and county sports partnerships) to maximise joint initiatives and to access funding.
- Providing regular updates for the regional webpages and social media platforms.
- Supporting the promotion of British Showjumping and its activities.
- Providing information, advice and guidance on all aspects of Showjumping to those within the region.
- Attending and support key fixtures across the Northern region.
- Managing the budget; ensuring financial regulations are adhered to including effective planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Attending team and individual meetings.
- To assist with Stewarding at competitions when required.
|Qualifications and Knowledge
|Behaviours and Skills
Salary: £28K Circ.
Annual Leave Entitlement: 22 days per annum plus statutory Bank Holidays.
To apply please send a covering letter with CV to Sarah Jackson, British Showjumping, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands, CV5 9RG or email: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th May at 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 4th June