Sporting Excellence Study Programme
The Sporting Excellence Study Programme (SESP)
A Level 3 programme delivered by British Showjumping and Haddon Training offering riders the chance to continue their education in a relevant and inspiring environment and the chance to improve their skills whilst learning how to manage all aspects of life as a professional in showjumping.
The programme will consist of:
- 6 two-day training camps with top level Showjumping coaches, leading experts, failities and support.
- Development of technical and tactical skills for high performance sport.
- Workshops in: Rider Fitness and Physiotherapy, Athlete Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Career and Financial Planning, Lifestyle Management and Media and Communications.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence which meets the Awarding Organisation Standards.
Age: 16 –18 years old
- Be aged 16 –18 years old on 1st January in the year of starting on the programme
- Not be in full time education; school, college, sixth form, university or on another apprenticeship
- You don’t have to be employed
- Live in England
The below criteria must have been achieved with the rider applying in the year proceeding the start of the programme. These results must have been achieved on horses.
- 4 years; 90cm/ 1.00m - 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.00m table A7.
- 5 years; 1.00m / 1.10m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.10m table A7.
- 6 years; 1.10m / 1.20m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.20m table A7.
- 7 years; 1.20m / 1.30m 2 double clears – if no double clear at 1.30m must have 4 double clears at 1.20m table A7.
- 8 years and above; 1.30m 4 double clears
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection.
Programme Manager - Justine Naylor
Programme Leader - Corinne Bracken
Programme Tutors - Matt Lani, Targa Hammond and Nicola McLeish
Molly Andrews, Katie Benbow, Emily Creaser, Emily Dickinson, Devon Dutton, Morgan Henderson, Freya Hough, Philippa King, Ryan Lockwood, Sadie Ritz Lupson, Phoebe Parker, Hollie Pearce, Chaise Purcell, Nyah Milward, Orla Morrin, Sophie Parris, Natasha Piper, Eleanor Stevenson, Georgia Taylor-Jones, Rachel Vicary, Katie Waldock-Smith, Hugh Stephen,Isabelle Watson, Deia White, William Wherton,
Complete an application form once applications open and if you are succesful you will be offered a palce on the programme.
Applications fo the 2019 programme will open in September. For more information please contact Laura Rolph on 02476 698828 or Laura.Rolph@britishshowjumping.co.uk
For further information from Haddon please follow the link: http://www.haddontraining.co.uk/equine/equine-apprentices/sesp/