British Showjumping Excel Coaching Programme 2016
Monday 11 January 2016
With support from Sport England and as part of the Excel Talent Programme for riders, British Showjumping has developed a programme to support coaches working within talent development pathways. The programme is aimed at those coaches working within talent pathways whilst wanting to develop knowledge, skills and experience in this specialised area.
The programme offers coaches a mix of the following:
- Workshops and personal action planning geared at supporting work within the talent environment
- Sharing best practice with coaches from other sports on talent development
- Opportunities to be involved with and learn through existing talent programmes (AASE, Excel Talent and World Class training camps)
- Experience of international environments, in order to experience the pressure environments and gain familiarity with the preparation and protocol of international competitions
British Showjumping aspires to have well prepared coaches whom have a great understanding of the talent development environment and are able to ensure consistent approaches to developing young showjumpers for a successful career in the sport. The training and opportunities will be provided free of charge to all coaches successfully selected onto the programme. Please note that all travel costs will need to be self-funded.
Coaches interested in applying to join this programme should evidence the following in their application:
- Worked consistently with a rider at the time of their joining one of the following programmes in the last three years:
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE)
- Excel Talent Programme
- World Class programme
- British Showjumping squad (Ponies, Children, Juniors, Young Riders)
- Able to commit to the programme (approximately 1 day every four-six weeks)
- Hold a minimum of UKCC Level 3
- Open minded and willing to review and reflect on personal coaching practice
- Able to work as part of a team and support the development of other coaches
N.B. Those coaches who do not fulfil the above criteria but feel their skills and experiences warrant a place on the programme, please evidence this in your application.
For further information on the programme, the opportunities it provides and any general enquiries, please contact Rebecca Turner on 02476 698828 or email at email@example.com.
Please click here for an application form. Please note that applications close on the 1st February 2016.
If your application is successful during the first stage, you will be required to attend an interview/coach observation day.
Interviews and Coaching Observation for the programme: 11th February 2016 at Summerhouse Equitation Centre, Bath Road, Hardwicke, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL2 2RG – you will be informed of your success through the first stage of applications and thus the need to attend an interview date by no later than Friday 5th February.
|Recent Training News|
|BRITISH SHOWJUMPING REGIONAL CPD DAYS
|Coach Excel Talent Programme - 2016 Selections Announced
|Gaby Sumner Shines for the Suffolk Academy
|Thalia Nuttall Takes NAF Shining Star Award for December 2015
|BRITISH SHOWJUMPING NATIONAL COACHING CONFERENCE 2015
|view news archive »|