The Art of Coaching a Group of Riders
Tuesday 28 May 2019
Date: September 12th 2019
Venue: Crofton Manor Equestrian Centre, Titchfield Road, Stubbington, Fareham, Hampshire PO14 3EW
Time: 9am – 4pm
Deliverer: Pat Crann. Pat is incredibly experienced in the world of equestrianism and coaching. As well as being a Level 3 BS coach, she is also a Coach Educator & Assessor for British showjumping and Pony Club and an AH & B Test Examiner.
The workshop is a mix of classroom and practical based learning where you will work with other coaches to:
- Identify the qualities of a good group coach and what makes an effective group session for the riders.
- Discuss the benefits and issues of group coaching
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the coaching through observation of video
- Identify appropriate training strategies and activities with the group and suitable work programmes to help develop the horse & rider.
- Evaluate and profile horse, ponies and riders on the flat and over fences and identify any differences and key areas of strength and those that need developing.
This workshop would be ideal for newly qualified and experienced coaches alike as well as those in the process of undertaking a coaching qualification.
Cost: British Showjumping Coaches: £35, others £40
To book please email: Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02476 698828