Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence
Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence (AASE)
A Level 3 programme provided by British Showjumping and Haddon Training and in partnership with British Dressage and British Eventing. The programme offers talented riders the support they need to be the very best starting on the right path to succeed and excel whilst working towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Sporting Excellence.
Not only will you be coached by world-class trainers such as Andrew Saywell,Heike Holstein and Charlie Hutton, but you will have access to a range of additional skills including career planning, physical health, performance psychology, communication and managing the media. Click here for much more information on the programme, from building your career to developing your technical and tactical skills.
Andrew Saywell coaches on the AASE programme and said, “AASE is a springboard to riders who aspire to perform at the top level by providing access to a range of vocational experts and training from internationally acclaimed coaches.”
The programme will consist of:
- 4 x 3 day camps to be held centrally in October 2019, January, April, July 2020.
- The first camp will run from the 16th – 18th October and be held at Vale View Equestrian, Old Dalby, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 3LX. Accomodation is not provided.
- Support from top level showjumping coaches and leading experts.
- Development of technical and tactical skills for high performance sport.
- Workshops in: career planning, physical health, performance psychology, communication and managing the media.
- You need to have been a resident in England for the last 3 years and have the right to live and work in England.
- You need to be employed in the equine sector in England for 30 hours per week with a contract of employment, with the ability to be released for 20% of your employed time for learning (not necessarily away from the workplace).
- You need to be at least 16+ years old (at least by 31st August 2019) and have completed year 11 in 2019 (or before).
- You can’t have prior sporting excellence qualification.
- You can't currently be in education or be completing an apprenticeship.
- All successful applicants will need to bring and stable own horse to each camp.
The below criteria must have been achieved with the rider applying in the year proceeding the start of the programme. These results must have been achieved on horses.
- 4 years; 90cm/ 1.00m - 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.00m table A7.
- 5 years; 1.00m / 1.10m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.10m table A7.
- 6 years; 1.10m / 1.20m 4 double clears – minimum 1 double clear must be at 1.20m table A7.
- 7 years; 1.20m / 1.30m 2 double clears – if no double clear at 1.30m must have 4 double clears at 1.20m table A7.
- 8 years and above; 1.30m 4 double clears
Applications will be accepted from riders who are in their 16th year riding ponies, and have achieved a minimum 4 double clears at 1.10m+, one of which must have been Table A7 on their ponies. They must however, have moved onto horses and be riding horses for the duration of the programme.
Please be aware combinations achieving double clears at the biggest height per age category will be given priority selection.
Applications are now open - please click here to apply on the Haddon training page. Closing date August 31st 2019.